THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, May 15, 2014
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the November 29, 2013 Land Law;
At the proposal of the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment,
The Government promulgates the Decree detailing a number of articles of Land Law No. 45/2013/ND-CP.
1. This Decree details a number articles and clauses of Land Law No. 45/2013/QH13 (below referred to as the Land Law).
2. Other decrees of the Government shall detail a number of articles and clauses of the Land Law concerning compensation, support, resettlement; land prices; collection of land use levy; collection of land and water surface rentals; and sanctioning of land-related administrative violations.
1. State agencies that exercise the powers and perform the responsibilities of the representative of the entire-people ownership of land, and perform the task of uniform state management of land.
2. Land users defined in Article 5 of the Land Law.
3. Other subjects involved in land management and use.
The determination of a land type in cases land is used without the papers prescribed in Clauses 1, 2 and 3, Article 11 of the Land Law must comply with the following provisions:
1. In case of current stable use of land which is acquired not through illegal encroachment, occupation or change of land use purpose, the land type shall be determined based on the current land use status.
2. In case of use of land which is acquired through illegal encroachment, occupation or change of land use purpose, the land type shall be determined according to the land origin and the process of land management and use.
3. For a land parcel which is currently used for different purposes (other than residential land with gardens and ponds in the same parcel), the determination of land type must comply with the following provisions:
a/ In case boundaries of land areas used for different purposes can be determined, the land parcel shall be divided into smaller parcels according to their use purposes which shall be determined according to the current use status of such parcels;
b/ In case boundaries of land used for different purposes cannot be determined, the main land use purpose shall be determined according to the current land type with the highest price in the land price table promulgated by the People’s Committee of the province or centrally run city (below collectively referred to as the provincial-level People’s Committee). In case of land use after a land use master plan is approved by a competent agency, the determination of the main use purpose shall be based on such master plan.
4. In case of land on which a condominium for mixed purposes is built before July 1, 2014, with the floor area of the condominium partly used as offices, commercial or service establishments, the main use purpose of the land area for building the condominium shall be determined as residential purpose.
5. Agencies to determine land types specified in Clauses 1, 2, 3 and 4 of this Article are provincial-level People’s Committees, for organizations, religious institutions, foreign-invested enterprises, and foreign organizations with the diplomatic function; People’s Committees of districts, towns or provincial cities (below collectively referred to as district-level People’s Committees), for households, individuals, communities and overseas Vietnamese. In case of land recovery, agencies competent to determine land types are those competent to recover land in accordance with the land law.
1. This Decree takes effect on July 1, 2014.
2. This Decree replaces the following decrees:
a/ The Government’s Decree No. 181/2004/ND-CP of October 29, 2004, on the implementation of the Land Law;
b/ The Government’s Decree No. 17/2006/ND-CP of January 27, 2006, amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Decrees guiding the implementation of the Land Law, and Decree No. 187/2004/ND-CP on transformation of state companies into joint-stock companies;
c/ The Government’s Decree No. 84/2007/ND-CP of May 25, 2007, additionally providing the grant of land use right certificates, land recovery, exercise of land use rights, order and procedures for compensation, support and resettlement upon land recovery by the State and settlement of land-related complaints;
d/ The Government’s Decree No. 69/2009/ND-CP of August 13, 2009, additionally providing the land use planning, land price, land recovery, and compensation, support and resettlement;
dd/ The Government’s Decree No. 88/2009/ND-CP of October 19, 2009, on certificates of land use rights and ownership of houses and other land-attached assets.
3. Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies and provincial- level People’s Committees shall scrutinize legal documents they have promulgated which are contrary to the provision of the Land Law and this Decree, for revision, supplementation or cancellation.
1. The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Construction, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Transport, the Ministry of Home Affairs and other related ministries and sectors, and provincial-level People’s Committees shall guide the articles and clauses assigned in this Decree.
2. Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies, chairpersons of People’s Committees at all levels, and other related organizations and individuals shall implement this Decree.-
ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT